[be] [task #8451] OXES import / export

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #8451] OXES import / export
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 09:28:39 +0000

             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

All,

We have been working hard in Language Software to define and codify a
standard for Scripture editing that includes the vernacular, back translation,
and notes. This standard is now implemented in the FieldWorks Translation
Editor and used for round tripping and merging data.

Last time we interacted with y'all it was only a concept. Now we have the
actual implementation in hand so you can review it more concretely.

Our hope is that we all can embrace this standard so that people can work
across the different tools. Each tool will have to determine if how to merge
the XML data into their tool and each pair of tools will have to determine how
to deal with data/features not implemented in one tool that is implemented in
another to provide the user as transparent an experience as possible.

We will be creating publishing paths based on this form of data as well.

There is a WIKI where the current version is currently saved at:
https://wiki.insitehome.org/display/TRANBIBLE/Home?ticket=ST-dhNFZOkkUgFbxTFZ2A6b2rTLR2HNjdJ4UvruPOXEn5wqD3ICDMjtwWto1lZXp

To look at the actual data in a pretty printed form to understand it. If you
want to figure out  you can either download the latest build of TE or if you
want you can do the following to "see what is in the file" though somewhat
filtered (i.e. not all fields are handled by this XSLT you can at least get
the general gist)

put this file

and the OXES xml file you download (The Sena3.oxes (2008-08-01) OXES 1.1.0
from the WIKI site above into the same folder)

In MS word open the file

browse to the folder with the OxesViewer.xslt in it by clicking the browse
button in the XML document pane

select the OXesViewer.xslt

You will then see the following that is color coded with some notation to
show Books, Chapters and verses. You can use this as you look through the raw
file to see how the XML matches the "data".

Serving Together,
Mike Cochran

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8451>

  Message sent via/by Savannah