[be] [task #8006] free xsl-fo formatter

From: Neil Mayhew
Subject: [be] [task #8006] free xsl-fo formatter
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 04:26:21 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, task #8006 (project bibledit):

Have you considered fop from the Apache project? It's free, and has almost
the same capabilities as XEP. I've used it a fair bit and found it to be very
useful.

It's implemented in Java, so I don't suppose it uses Pango, but Java has
moderately good non-Roman Unicode rendering capabilities.

Writing a tool to go direct from USFM to PDF seems like a lot of work, since
when generating PDF you have to do all your own line-breaking and
justification.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8006>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/