[be] [task #8304] Please make two sample resources with verse anchors

From: Phil Fields
Subject: [be] [task #8304] Please make two sample resources with verse anchors
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:35:14 +0000

             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

The sample Resources that are on the web are structured such that every verse
is a different page.

These same two resources have useful pages that are structured where there is
one page per chapter and verse links (which are also functioning links to the
single verse pages described i the first paragraph above). Our wiki/GoogleDoc
pages are constructed on this later chapter-page type. But there is no example
for this type.

It perhaps is possible for BE to open a resource like what I would like, but
I have trouble with the New resource creator and the help file. I have spent a
long time today trying to create my own resource.

In particular, when I select that I want to use a different Internet URL for
each chapter, why does the box still want me to add Files and Directories on
my hard drive?

The book name constructor doesn't seem to work. Does it not accept data if
not all of the books are given? Does it only accept one kind of data?—
numbers, or text? The help seems very sketchy on this.

Currently BE can already use a resource like this:
http://www.sabda.org/sabdaweb/bible/verse/?b=59&version=drft_wbtc

But I need it to be able to use a resource like this as well:
http://www.sabda.org/sabdaweb/bible/chapter/?b=59&version=drft_wbtc
BE needs to be able to scroll to the verses on pages like this.

This will also be very useful for the NextBible site as well so please create
a similar sample resource for
http://net.bible.org/bible.php?book=Pro&chapter=1

Related to this, BE will need to be able to log in to GoogleDocs if I am
going to be able to access pages we have created like the Sabda pages. I am
attaching a picture to show the problem. I tried basing a new resource on the
Sabda.org resource, using the GoogleDoc address. GoogleDocs that are
"published" do show up, but private pages are password protected.

Thanks for your help and all the improvements to BE!

File Attachments:

Date: Thursday 06/19/2008 at 20:35  Name: 1.png  Size: 103kB   By: oreo

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/download.php?file_id=15876>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8304>