[be] [task #7972] feature request for GoogleDocs export and change integ

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #7972] feature request for GoogleDocs export and change integration
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:55:51 +0000

Follow-up Comment #14, task #7972 (project bibledit):

I tried to implement that feature in the OpenDocument export, but it would
require a whole rewrite of the export routines, so as to accomodate this
special feature of the verse style. This feature has been implemented in the
output to PDF for printing, and that was completely rewritten a few releases
ago, but now if this is going to be implemented in the OpenDocument export
too, that would require a complete rewrite too. It does not look like this
will make it soon.

In the mean time a work-around may be used. If the text from the OpenOffice
export is copied to clipboard, and pasted in gedit, then in gedit one can use
copy and replace to get near the desired effect.

Description follows.

Step one: copy text from OpenOffice in gedit, e.g.:

1
Greetings to Gaius
1 From the church leader.
To my dear friend Gaius.
I love you because we follow the truth, 2 dear friend, and I pray that all
goes well for you. I hope that you are as strong in body, as I know you are in
spirit. 3 It makes me very happy when the Lord's followers come by and speak
openly of how you obey the truth. 4 Nothing brings me greater happiness than
to hear that my children are obeying the truth.
The importance of working together
5 Dear friend, you have always been faithful in helping other followers of
the Lord, even the ones you didn't know before. 6 They have told the church
about your love. They say you were good enough to welcome them and to send
them on their mission in a way that God's servants deserve. 7 When they left
to tell others about the Lord, they decided not to accept help from anyone who
wasn't a follower. 8 We must support people like them, so that we can take
part in what they are doing to spread the truth.
9 I wrote to the church. But Diotrephes likes to be the number-one leader,
and he won't pay any attention to us. 10 So if I come, I will remind him of
how he has been attacking us with gossip. Not only has he been doing this, but
he refuses to welcome any of the Lord's followers who come by. And when other
church members want to welcome them, he puts them out of the church.
11 Dear friend, don't copy the evil deeds of others! Follow the example of
people who do kind deeds. They are God's children, but those who are always
doing evil have never seen God.
12 Everyone speaks well of Demetrius, and so does the true message that he
teaches. I also speak well of him, and you know what I say is true.
Final greetings
13 I have much more to say to you, but I don't want to write it with pen and
ink. 14 I hope to see you soon, and then we can talk in person.
15 I pray that God will bless you with peace!
Your friends send their greetings. Please give a personal greeting to each of
our friends.

Step two, replace new lines with double new lines:

Search for "n", replace with "nn".

Result:

[...]

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7972>

  Message sent via/by Savannah