[be] Re: BE: Export/Import with GoogleDoc?

From: phil_fields
Subject: [be] Re: BE: Export/Import with GoogleDoc?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:13:18 -0500

Hi everyone!

GoogleDocs are a good way for working collaboratively on the internet. As the owner of these GoogleDocs, I can set permissions for some people to be editors, and others just viewers. Then pages can also be made accessible to anyone who has the link, as I have done for the two chapters I am sending. (So you won't be able to edit the two chapters below.) It is possible for more than one person to be editing the same chapter at the same time in GoogleDocs. I work in Arkansas, while my team of 5 people are working in Papua, Indonesia. The column that contains our translation is labeled TS. The Catatan column is for our team notes, checking questions, and discussion. The column labeled BT is the back translation of the TS.

John1
1Peter1

Unfortunately I don't have a routine to export from BE to the table format I use. Instead, there is already a web site with our draft translation on it, which I used to create 1 Peter 1 and most of our other chapter pages. I am able to lift the beginning of the table format we are using from a page like this, complete with one translation, the draft we are working on. I have now trained two of our team members to copy and paste other translations into other columns. It would be so helpful if we had an automated process that could export a translation from Bibledit, verse by verse, and going down a column. That is what I asked Teus for first.

But what is much more important for me now is a process that will go in the reverse direction, the import direction. I need to be able to more easily evaluate changes that have happened in GoogleDocs as I import the text back into Bibledit. I use Bibledit to keep lots of project notes, and I would like to use it as the place where I keep the definitive copy of the translation.

Lord bless you in your work!
Phil

Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:
Hi Teus, Hi Phil,

Sounds interesting what you Phil are doing.
I checked in BE (Export/Import) and there is not GoogleDocs tool to do this. (or is Export/OpenDocument exporting into GoogleDoc format?)
Then I made a local search in BE/Help (both in http://localhost and http://www.nongnu.org/bibledit/) and could not find anything about GoogleDocs.

So could I get the instruction how to do this?

Greetings
Wolfgang

Teus Benschop wrote:
Hi Wolfgang,

Phil has another interesting approach at present. He has text in Bibledit, then exports it to GoogleDocs. His team works in GoogleDocs, and once they are through he imports their text back into Bibledit.

Regards,

Teus.

--
/home/Dakom/desktop/signature.html