[be] [ bibledit-Feature Requests-1832188 ] formatting of Project notes

From: SourceForge.net
Subject: [be] [ bibledit-Feature Requests-1832188 ] formatting of Project notes
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:50:42 -0700

Feature Requests item #1832188, was opened at 2007-11-15 04:12
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by teus
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=658624&aid=1832188&group_id=111189

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Please, please,
now that you have been doing so much for the formatting of the Scripture
window,
could some formatting capabilities be added to the Project Notes area as well?

If nothing else, I would like to request that extra spaces not be deleted. I
tried today to offset paragraphs in the notes area by indenting them four
spaces. When I hit OK, all the spaces disappeared.

I make copious notes for the translation. It does help that I can have
different categories for checking questions vs exegetical decisions, etc.
However, in long notes, it would really help to be able to make the structure
clear by using some formatting, including the ability to make indented
paragraphs, or bulleted paragraphs. In Paratext, I had my notes file set up so
that I could make paragraphs with hanging indents. (I was trying to similarly
make paragraphs clear by indenting them today.)

But I can imagine that you would not want to put in a whole RTF editing module,
complete with icons for editing options. How about normal keyboard commands for
bold, underline, and italic?

Thanks for considering this!
Phil

Comment By: Teus Benschop (teus)