[be] [ bibledit-Feature Requests-1703803 ] for embedded styles in export

From: SourceForge.net
Subject: [be] [ bibledit-Feature Requests-1703803 ] for embedded styles in exported documents
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:36:26 -0700

Feature Requests item #1703803, was opened at 2007-04-19 19:48
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by teus
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=658624&aid=1703803&group_id=111189

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I just put in a feature request for some changes in the way styles are
formatted— to allow for printing and exporting documents in a verse-by-verse
style, rather than in paragraph style.

I note that documents exported to Openoffice do not come with styles defined.
(Or if they do, not many styles are defined.) It would be helpful, if Bibledit,
like Paratext, would export with embedded styles that correspond to each
backslash USFM style. (The current style sheet can be seen by hitting F11.
There are both paragraph and character styles defined.) Toolbox is another
program that exports using styles, at least for the Multi Dictionary Formatter.

This would allow for easier global changes after exporting. For instance, a
user making a resource might want to change the color of the font for verse
numbers (a character style). Or a user might change the style of all headings
(a paragraph style). Recently I wanted to reduce the point size of the text
font, but not reduce the font size of the headings. This was not possible to do
dari Sidonglobally with the BE export, but was possible with Paratext exports.

Having this capability would also make it possible to change the formatting to
a verse-by-verse style after exporting in the default paragraph style.

Comment By: Refdoc (refdoc)