bhl-mode

[BHL] BHL 1.4.5

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: [BHL] BHL 1.4.5
Date: 24 Feb 2003 18:14:53 +0100

Hello,

this is a major bug fixes release and minor feature enhancement.

http://www.nongnu.org/bhl

,----[ News ]
| Fixed table headers conversion -- thx to D. Katz.
| Fixed font beautifiers regexp (escape at the end).
| Get rid of the mode-line.
| Get rid of skeleton (-> XEmacs)
| Modified bhl-change-font.
| Added bhl-change-font-normal.
| Simplified the handling of plist and the parsing of
| specifications: fixed a BIG BAD BUG that prevented
| the customization of bhl2xxx.
`----

I need your advice.  The use of asterisks in order to indicate a
header cell in a table is not very convenient.  I've first chosen
asterisks because I thought we'd like headers to appear in bold font.
But the header-meaning and font-meaning can conflict together.  In
fact, if you want to put a header like

,----
| *2 \* 2 = 4*
`----

the font-meaning will be ignored.

So I suggest to use a distinct character that would indicate headers.
This character would have a syntactic meaning *only* in cells of a
table. I think `@' is the right one.

,----
| @ a beautiful header @
| @ *a bold header* @
| @2 \* 2 = 4@
| @ address@hidden
`----

will be OK.

Tell me if you think that there is some danger to use the @ character
in this context -- or if you already have the habits to use asterisks.

Thank you,

-- Bastien