bbdb-user

Re: verifying email addresses

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: verifying email addresses
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 22:19:35 -0500

On Sat, May 07 2022, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Alternatively, are there settings/options that integrated with mh-e,
> that would notice when I receive email from someone in my database and
> mark that email as being live?

You may want to try bbdb-mua-auto-update combined with the function
bbdb-auto-notes.  See also the user variables mentioned in the docstring
of bbdb-auto-notes.  When you get an email that matches a BBDB record
and the element STRING of an annotation rule of bbdb-auto-notes-rules is
the function current-time-string, BBDB will put a time stamp time into
an xfield of that record (use option REPLACE non-nil for this annotation
rule).