[Bayonne-devel] Bayonne / Dialogic problems

From: Michel Stam
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne / Dialogic problems
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:17:42 +0200

Hello,

We've been using Bayonne in combination with Dialogic D/600-2E1 boards in our production platform for approximately 6 months now.
This solution is working well, except for some circumstances where the platform  experiences high volumes of calls. The platform consists of approximately 1200 lines divided over 5 machines, every machine having 8 trunks / 4 boards.

When the problem occurs, Bayonne stops responding (to RPC calls used for statistics purposes, as well as the bayonne --status) and it does not pick up calls anymore. Mind that restarting only Bayonne does not work. The Dialogic driver needs to be restarted as well. (/etc/rc.d/init.d/bayonne stop;/etc/rc.d/init.d/dialogic stop;/etc/rc.d/init.d/dialogic start;/etc/rc.d/init.d/bayonne start).

We're assuming that the Dialogic GlobalCall driver is causing this problem, as the Telco does not see the D-channel go down. The fact that restarting only Bayonne seems to support this.

This is somewhat of a problem, because since the machine keeps the D-channel up no failover occurs to any of the other machines in this setup, thus causing callers to get a dead line (the Telco will send traffic to the other systems in the platform only when the D-channel drops).

To give an idea of the software we're using:
Bayonne 1.2.13 (with the RPC patches I sent to this list a couple of months back, so RPC is working)
ccaudio-1.1.2
ccrtp-1.1.2
ccscript-2.5.7
commoncpp2-1.3.0
flite-1.2-release
Global Call 3.0 package
linux-2.4.28
Dialogic SR 5.1 with SP1
LiS 2.16.8

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone and/or can anyone provide suggestions how to increase stability under heavier loads?

Cheers,

Michel