[Bayonne-devel] 0.8.4 out, lots of SIP updates

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] 0.8.4 out, lots of SIP updates
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:09:16 -0400

I have 0.8.4 out today. The question of registration failure I resolved by looking at how the invite worked. Basically, in Aymeric's invite stuff, in exosip1, you build an invite, and then send it. If you get a proxy auth failure, you add the credentials and then use the invite resend function.

Thinking his registration stuff might work the same way, I now send the initial (or refresh) without adding credentials. When I get a failure indicating auth required, I use the credential add, and then resend the registration. This seems to work cleaner for authenticating proxies. Was this really how it is intended to work? I am not sure...but the behavior is consistent with invite this way.

I do handle various busy/no service states, and signal them into the seize state handler as busy/invalid/no answer. There may be some status codes I have missed, as I only added the ones I found in my testing (404, 484, 507, etc...).

I added some extended registry definitions, particularly for peering. This is the ability of a remote proxy to invite arbitrarly uri's from us. These are sent now to the script registered with the proxy, with the %session.dialed containing the target userid, and the new %session.auth mode indicated as "peer". When the proxy registered uri is called rather than an arbitrary one, the %session.auth mode is "user". One can reject inbound arbitrary uri's from a proxy you have registered with by setting type="user" in the register.sip command.

Similarly, "assign ipaddr[:port]" allows an unauthenticated and unregestered proxy to send arbitrary uri's which are sent to the assign script. "assign uri" allow any sip source to invite that specific uri from us and get the specified script to run. This latter use shows up as %session.auth "anon". This basically exposes a script under a public uri through Bayonne for anonymous (unauthenticated) direct invites.