[Bayonne-devel] SIP outbound connect working

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] SIP outbound connect working
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:08:13 -0400

I got outbound SIP (invite) call initiation working with authentication through a proxy. There are some call states I do not impliment yet, however; I have only tested answer and no answer scenarios so far. From the fifo, you can kick it off with the new "sip" command, as in something like:

echo "sip scriptname uri" >/var/run/bayonne/bayonne.ctrl

Incomplete uri's (lone #'s or userid's) are completed with the default outbound proxy. I haven't tested the start.sip script command yet, but it should push the same kind of attach event through as the fifo does. At least the underlying mechanics now work. Again, eXosip has proven quite excellant for this in Bayonne2. All this will be part of 0.8.4.

If the uri passed is associated with a proxy you are registered to, Bayonne will pull the first registration record associated with that proxy, and do the invite using the uid that Bayonne registered through the proxy (that is the uri as found on the proxy, not on the Bayonne server...). The script file you select to run does not require an explicit registration for this to happen. Rather, if you refer to address@hidden and yyy is something that was registered to that proxy in ANY script, the matching registration record is used. Otherwise, it should (hopefully) offer the invite directly Bayonne uri endpoint to destination uri endpoint when no registered proxy is involved.