Re: [Bayonne-devel] Newbe hardware question (vmodem)

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Newbe hardware question (vmodem)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:41:38 -0400

I may bring vmodems back in bayonne2 at some point this year. There are several reasons this could be easier in Bayonne2. First, the drivers are now much simpler, so there is less work maintaining a varient. Second, we have better seperation of drivers that can do extended processing and those that cant.

Alex Schenkman wrote:
Hi:

I'm completely new to Bayonne and the IVR world.
I planning to deploy a little IVR system (2 telephone lines), running
FreeBSD, on the VIA EDEN mini-ITX.

I wonder if it possible to use a couple of voice modems instead of the
more expensive, and surely more powerfull, telephony cards supported by
bayonne.
I've found some references on the mailing list, from 2002, on "vmodem"
support, but it seems discontinued.

Any suggestion is very appreciated.
Thanks in advance !!

PS: Maybe one of these?