Re: [Bayonne-devel] Idea about web interface

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Idea about web interface
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:56:44 -0400

In Bayonne2 you could just write an entire app in perl, and that of course does not get compiled until it is executed :). There was several shared memory structures and files in /var/run/bayonne which offered interesting and additional information (like about active calls) in the testing branch. That might be something worth backporting or re-using in Bayonne 1. But I agree that would be VERY useful to have. I had seen one other front-end of this type that was done in webmin, but it did not cover scripts this way. and this one looks nice.

For bayonne2 we could do a number of things potentially. Passing info like active calls through sunrpc or soap is possible. I could add some of the shared memory stuff back in also. Whatever you choose to do in this regard for bayonne1, I will probably try to make a matching plugin to do for bayonne2 so you can get the same info out of it as well.

Julien Chavanton wrote:
I am building a web front-end to Bayonne1 so that some coworker can modify the script allocation and script from a web page:

The main feature would be an interface to see active calls + status variables useable from scripts to help debugging.

Also sending command to script like hangup using the FIFO.

I found bayonne –status a bit limited so I am thinking about implementing another db status system in driver.cpp.

I guess there is no way to recompile only one script ?

I have working result: