[Bayonne-devel] 0.2.0 released and w32 installer introduced

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] 0.2.0 released and w32 installer introduced
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:16:39 -0400

Today while sipping pena colades poolside I introduced the first release
of our GPL licensed telephony server to be made available for
installation and immediate testing under Microsoft Windows.  I will of
course continue to principally develop Bayonne for multiple Posix
platforms, including FreeBSD, MacOS/X, Solaris, and especially for GNU
systems including GNU/Linux.  However, I will also be making future
builds concurrently available under Microsoft Windows as well.

This release also introduces the Bayonne w32 installer (Bayonne2.exe).
You should use the CAPE.exe installer first (1.3.11 or later), as it
includes many of the essential runtime libraries required for GNU
Bayonne 2.  This initial release was made to facilitate testing and
further development of GNU Bayonne 2 under the Microsoft Windows target
platform, and includes a build for the soundcard and sip drivers only.
In the very near future, I will add Voicetronix and h323 builds for the
w32 build environment as well.

Downloads for the current release and the w32 bayonne2.exe installer are
available from links at www.gnutelephony.org.