Re: [Bayonne-devel] GNU/Bayonne performance question

From: Mark Lipscombe
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] GNU/Bayonne performance question
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:51:15 +1100

Michel Stam wrote:
Dmitry,

Have you tried running the GlobalCall driver?
If so, any results there?

Dmitry Agafonov wrote:

One D/300 E1 (ISA) board per server, ISDN protocol, bayonne 1.2.11, dialogic driver.

I believe we do have problems with hardware timeouts for ISDN call processing circle while connecting single E1 dialogic board having 15-20 concurrent call requests per second.

Signaling problems also was turned out while 28-30 trunks are occupied for a number of minutes (in non-idle state, i.e. playing or such).

These problems are all likely to be mostly resolved by switching to the Globalcall driver. All of my tests were using Globalcall, and unless you have analog hardware which doesn't work correctly with Bayonne's globalcall implementation, then there is no reason the world to continue using the original dialogic driver.

Cheers,
Mark