Re: [Bayonne-devel] Answer on X rings

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Answer on X rings
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 07:29:55 -0500

In pstn drivers, the answer option in bayonne.conf effects the number of rings before the script is started, but does not involve answering the call itself. This happens when either an explicit "answer" command occurs in scripting, or when a script command is selected which requires the phone line to be taken offhook (such as join). In some drivers, playing and recording may also take the phone offhook.

Disconnect detection, to determine the end for a call where the line was never actually picked up, has never been tested for on analog, although if we assume the cpe loop reversal is provided by the carrier, then the loop reversal should be detectable whether it is offhook or not. But this may well depend on the hardware of the telephony card.

Krytiana Loke wrote:
Hi
I'm using bayonne 08xxxxx, so the only answer = X I see is in policy or server (if I remember correctly), while these work, bayonne does not know the number of rings
ie: If I set answer = 5
user rings
only after 5 rings will the bayonne script be fired
But I want the script to be fired asap, but only answer (as in the script answering the call) after 3 or more rings.

The script is something like this

slog "Start "%session.starttime
answer 3
..
exit
  ^hangup
    slog "hung"
    exit

Using this script, bayonne will never go past answer 3.
It'll just print answer , then jump to the hangup event, exit the script, then reattach and run it again .. and again.
If I set answer to 2, then it'll work though ...
Anything larger than 2 doesn't.

Pedro Bello wrote:

Set the param answer in /etc/bayonne.conf or send me
the code that work wrong.

Bye

--- Krytiana Loke <address@hidden>
escribió:
Hi, sorry for asking so many questions, but how do
you make
bayonne answer after (say) 3 rings?
I tried answer 3

but then the script just exits with the ^hangup
event being
fired, even if my phone is still ringing
after it exits, it then fires up another instance of
the
script.. and this will exit .. again ..
ad infinitum, until the line automatically timeouts.

Any help?

Correo Yahoo! - 6 MB, tecnología antispam ¡gratis! Suscribite ya http://correo.yahoo.com.ar/