[Bayonne-devel] Carrier-Grade Bayonne

From: Java Rockx
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Carrier-Grade Bayonne
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:49:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All.

Is it possible to have Bayonne user information stored in an LDAP server or
database rather than as Un*x accounts in the "bayonne" group?

The reason I pose the question is that I don't see how Bayonne can easily
handle excessively large numbers of users. Suppose there were 100000 users.
IMHO, LDAP or a MySQL server makes much more sense than regular user accounts.

On this note, can Bayonne servers be "clustered" for fault tolerance? If so
how? If not, what guidelines should be followed for implementing a
carrier-grade IVR mail server using Bayonne?

I see an issue related to the fact that if a Bayonne server goes down, all the
users that have voice mail on that server are affected. I need to avoid this.
Perhaps by having a NAS device such as an EMC or NetApp that actually holds the
voice mail for users and the NAS device would have multiple Bayonne servers
which, would sit behind a load balancer, say a Cisco LocalDirector or
something. If if Bayonne requires users to be stored as local Un*x accounts,
how can I achieve a voice mail system with a 99.999% uptime?

Cheers,
Paul