[Bayonne-devel] interrupt play/record with external event

From: Rodney Lai
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] interrupt play/record with external event
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:32:26 -0800

I'm trying to interrupt a play/record command from
an event external to bayonne.
How do I do this?  Can I do this?
My idea was to spawn a child thread from my bayonne
script.  In this child thread I would poll for my
external event.  If this external event occurs, I
would send a signal to the parent thread so I could
interrupt a play or record command and handle the
event in an '^event' handler.  But I can't figure out
how to spawn a new thread.  I took a look at the
'start' command, but it appears to need a 'trunk'
which I guess is another phone line.  I don't have
another phone line and even if I did, I wouldn't want
to waste it to spawn the child thread.
Is there a way I can spawn a thread without a 'trunk'?
Or is there a better way to do what I want to do?
Any ideas?