Re: [Bayonne-devel] cannot open /dev/dsp

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] cannot open /dev/dsp
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:39:42 -0400

The soundcard test driver users /dev/dsp.  If your soundcard driver has no
/dev/dsp, or it cannot open it for write (permission issues for example) then
you will hear nothing :).

Also, Bayonne does not do rate resampling, and hence it will NOT sound correct
on broken soundcards that only operate at 44khz.