[Bayonne-devel] Re: [Bayonne-dialogic] Test equipment functionality

From: Rich Bodo
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Re: [Bayonne-dialogic] Test equipment functionality
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:43:07 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'm tempted to recommend a T1/E1 logging card for the recording
part, but playback is another issue entirely.  The logging card only
has to understand framing and just not generate any control signalling
or clock or any other traffic.  Once you decide that you want to
reproduce traffic in a way that equipment on the network will
comprehend, you will likely have to really negotiate the protocols,
from SS7 on down. Just playing back a negotiation will not make a
piece of SS7 gear talk to your logger.  The easy way out is to lease a
piece of test gear that is actually designed for this, possibly from
Spirent.

-Rich

Rich Bodo | address@hidden | 650-964-4678