Re: [Bayonne-devel] Using Bayonne with a LineJack

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Using Bayonne with a LineJack
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:14:56 -0500

If you have the "fox" toolkit installed, Bayonne will build the experimental gui module, but it doesn't actually do very much as yet.

The noise problem sounds familiar, I recall hearing this before and will have to think back. You should use the quicknet drivers from the oh323 current cvs rather than the ones distributed in the rh kernel, however.

address@hidden wrote:

Hello

I successfully compiled and installed Bayonne v0.7.6 on a PC with a Red Hat 7.2
(2.4.7-10) and with a QuickNet LineJack. But, when i try to use Bayonne i got 3
problems :

1- If I launch Bayonne in a normal way, it seems to work :
----
# bayonne tgi: initialized; uid=100 pid=4669
driver started 1 port(s)
scheduler: using /etc/bayonne.sched
normal startup; Bayonne Runtime Configuration
---
Then to see if it works I take my phone and call the line port of the LineJack. It seems
Bayonne hangs on. But, then, the only thing i hear is a "damn" strident noise...

Both phone and line port (of the LineJack) are plugged in a PBX.

2- If I launch Bayonne with -G option i got an error :
---
# bayonne -G
tgi: initialized; uid=100 pid=4775
/usr/local/lib/bayonne/0.7.6/gui.dbg: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
exiting: reason=-1
---
I haven't got the file gui.dbg (locate gui.dbg returns nothing) on my system
and i don't know where i can find it.

3- What's the use of the option -X for Bayonne ? I think it might be usefull
but i can't make it to work.

Any help would be appreciated,
Nicolas

PS: If i launch the Bayonne test i got this (which seems ok to me) :
---
# bayonne --test
SERVER VERSION 0.7.6; i686 Linux 2.4.7-10
TGI VERSION 2.2; driver=phonedev; prefix=/home/bayonne/apps/bayonne
tgi: initialized; uid=100 pid=4828
debug: test module loaded
Generic Phone Device (phonedev) driver loaded; capacity=16
TTS: loading english phrasebooks...
test: 0 steps compiled
test::test1: 4 steps compiled
test::test2: 3 steps compiled
test::test3: 8 steps compiled
test::test4: 4 steps compiled
tams1: 6 steps compiled
mwi: 0 steps compiled
mwi::generic-enable: 3 steps compiled
mwi::generic-disable: 3 steps compiled
mwi::update: 2 steps compiled
mwi::sync: 2 steps compiled
playrec: 10 steps compiled
playrec::play: 12 steps compiled
playrec::record: 12 steps compiled
tams: 12 steps compiled
cidlog: 3 steps compiled
driver starting 1 service thread(s)
phone0: Quicknet driver started
phone0: hangup
debug: service updating
debug: service delay 86
debug: service wakeup
debug: service delay 2
debug: service wakeup
debug: phone0: service expires
phone0: idle
debug: service delay 1000
driver started 1 port(s)
audit: starting service
normal startup; Bayonne Runtime Configuration
debug: *** start of regression test series
network: starting
debug: service wakeup
debug: phone0: service expires
debug: service delay -1
debug: *** start of cdr test
phone0: ringing
phone0: attach script
phone0: step 3 cdr(%node,%id,%pstn.rings,%session.home)
debug: service wakeup
debug: service updating
debug: service delay 36
debug: service wakeup
debug: phone0: service expires
phone0: step 3 set(%status,completed)
debug: service delay 35
debug: service wakeup
debug: phone0: service expires
phone0: step 3 debug(***, test1 ,%status)
phone0: *** test1 completed
debug: service delay 35
debug: service wakeup
debug: phone0: service expires
phone0: step 3 exit()
debug: service delay 35
debug: service wakeup
debug: phone0: service expires
phone0: exit
phone0: hangup
phone0: detach script
debug: service delay 99
debug: service wakeup
debug: service delay 1
debug: service wakeup
debug: phone0: service expires
phone0: idle
debug: service delay 1000
debug: service wakeup
debug: service delay 5
debug: service wakeup
debug: phone0: service expires
debug: service delay -1
debug: *** test cdr successful
debug: *** start of state handler test
phone0: ringing
phone0: attach script
phone0: step 3 sleep(2)
phone0: sleep
phone0: step 3 debug(***, test2 completed)
phone0: *** test2 completed
phone0: step 3 exit()
phone0: exit
phone0: hangup
phone0: detach script
phone0: idle
debug: *** test state successful
debug: *** start of trap test
phone0: ringing
phone0: attach script
phone0: step fffb sleep(0)
phone0: step 3 sleep(0)
phone0: step fffb sleep(2)
phone0: sleep
phone0: step 3 hangup()
phone0: step 2 debug(***, test3 completed)
phone0: *** test3 completed
phone0: step 2 hangup()
phone0: exit
phone0: hangup
phone0: detach script
phone0: idle
debug: *** test trap successful
debug: *** fifo test...
fifo: cmd=debug&first&last
debug: fifo-> debug first last
debug: *** test series completed 4 of 4 successful
network: stopping
scheduler: stopped
phone0: device stopped
driver stopping service thread(s)