bash-announce

[Bash-announce] source of tar, gzip, gunzip, bzip, bunzip2 and compress

From: Carl-Valentin Schmitt
Subject: [Bash-announce] source of tar, gzip, gunzip, bzip, bunzip2 and compress ???
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 20:25:24 +0200

Hello dear gnu-hackers,

am not quite sure, if this is the right site for this question.

I search for the source codes of each bash-command for to read it, and maybe for to
add some features to it.

Where e.g. I can obtain the source code of the commands like following:
tar, gunzip, compress, and gzip ???

In the bash-source code, the commands (about 3300 bash commands) are
not included with their own source code ???

for response thank you very much.
greetings
Val.