babe-coredevel

Re: [Babe-coredevel] bootstrap script

From: Blake Matheny
Subject: Re: [Babe-coredevel] bootstrap script
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:30:27 -0800

Hi Mike,
The ltmain.sh message has been fixed, libtoolize was not being run before
automake. The rest of the messages aren't errors. You had said in an email off
list that when you run configure you received the message:

 ---
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
 ---

This is caused by the version of libtool being used on those machines.
Developers must be using the following versions (or greater in most cases) of
these software components:
       autoconf version 2.53
       automake version 1.5
       libtool version 1.4
       gnu make version 3.78 or later
I have updated the report.sh script to report the version of libtool being
used, and updated the README to reflect the development requirements.
Fortunately those pieces of software can be installed in a home directory if
they can not be installed system wide. Let me know if the upgrade doesn't fix
your problem. Thanks.

-Blake

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?