Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-math] Selection of roots

From: Alejandro Jakubi
Subject: Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-math] Selection of roots
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 21:45:58 -0300

On Mon, 4 Nov 2008, Martin Rubey wrote:

Alejandro Jakubi <address@hidden> writes:

Fine. Now, how I recover the algebraic expressions, as produced by
'radicalSolve', associated with such labels like %A1, %A2 ?

perhaps

(63) -> mainDefiningPolynomial(first allRootsOf(numer fp)$RECLOS(FRAC INT))

         4     3   3  2
  (63)  ?  + 7?  + - ?  + 4? + 22
                   2
 Type: Union(SparseUnivariatePolynomial(RealClosure(Fraction(Integer))),...)

No, I mean to recover the algebraic expressions for these two roots, not the polynomial. Is it possible?

Alejandro Jakubi