[Axiom-math] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: Building the Aldor interface on FriC

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-math] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: Building the Aldor interface on FriCAS or OpenAxiom
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:13:37 -0500

Success!

After a little more fighting with the src_aldor2.tgz makefile, I have
finally managed to build the Aldor interface in FriCAS. As Peter said,
a patch to Axiom's 'hashType'  was necessary to make this work. I now
have Axiom (FriCAS) with Aldor 1.1.0 (including Peter's most recent
patch to Aldor for destructing in for-loops), installed and working at
the new Axiom wiki:

  http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/AldorForAxiom

Note: The build instructions here are still not up to date. I will get
to that later today.

On this system we have Axiom (FriCAS) and Aldor built with:

Aldor: Rev 16
FriCAS: Rev 123

If you have a chance, please give this a test and let me know if you
find any problems.

My plan next is to incorporate a preliminary version of the build
script into the FriCAS distribution so that building the interface
(should) become easier.

Regards,
Bill Page.