[Axiom-math] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re: [fricas-devel] Re

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-math] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: iterators and cartesian product.
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:55:27 +0100

You are right. Now Axiom and Aldor has a confusing mixture of
terminology about Product, DirectProduct, Tuple, Cross, Record, ...
All of these are (almost) the same kind of thing.

Please don't put types that are build into the language and library defined types together.

Tuple, Cross, Record are language defined, the others are not. The first three have a clear semantics according to the Aldor User Guide.

I agree that there are too many product-like types, but I think that it is mainly the library/libraries that is/are not built in a minimal fashion.

Ralf