[Axiom-math] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re: [fricas-devel] Re

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-math] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: iterators and cartesian product.
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 02:44:42 +0200

Seems OK, but, of course the _domain_ 1..9 is then inappropriate in a
construction like

   for i in 1..9 repeat ...

don't you agree?

No. My proposal also includes the idea that the construct

    for i in X repeat

should expect X to be any domain that supplies a generator (like Aldor).

In Aldor, at the place of X there must be an element of type "Generator(Something)", not a domain. Well, if you have somewhere a function

  generator: T -> Generator(Something)

(where T is the type of X) around, then Aldor should be able to silently insert that function for you.

I must say, I am totally happy with just *one* "for" construction. I am currently not seeing much use in the domain 1..9, i.e. the finite set {1, ..., 9}.

Ralf