[Axiom-math] BasicOperator's %eval property

From: Igor Khavkine
Subject: [Axiom-math] BasicOperator's %eval property
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 20:35:46 -0400

Greetings Axiom gurus! Here's some more weirdness that I'd like to
understand better. I snipped all the "Loading ..." messages. Any
hints?

Thanks.

Igor

(3) -> feval1(x:INT):INT == x^2
  Function declaration feval1 : Integer -> Integer has been added to
     workspace.
                                                                  Type: Void
(4) -> feval1(10)
  Compiling function feval1 with type Integer -> Integer

  (4)  100
                                                       Type: PositiveInteger
(5) -> feval2(x:EXPR INT):EXPR INT == x^2
  Function declaration feval2 : Expression Integer -> Expression
     Integer has been added to workspace.
                                                                  Type: Void
(6) -> feval2(10)

  (6)  100
                                                    Type: Expression Integer
(7) -> f := operator 'f
(7) ->
  (7)  f
                                                         Type: BasicOperator
(8) -> evaluate(f,feval2) -- from BOP1, assigns the %eval property
(8) ->
  (8)  f
                                                         Type: BasicOperator
(9) -> f(10)