Re: [Axiom-math] Simplification rules

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: Re: [Axiom-math] Simplification rules
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:30:51 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Martin,

I am _very_ interested in any combinatorics code already implemented in
AXIOM, where could I get it?

Regarding Lascoux, you think of implementing Lambda-ring issues in a CAS?
I tried this but failed (due to my own inability). However, I think I have
_new_ mathenatical results which will allow hopefully faster computations
also. This could go directly into a Combinat pacpage.

I had some discussions with people sing MuPad Combinat. My problem with
their code ist (beside not having MuPad) that they have not (yet?)
implemented key features for symmetric function theory, as Littewood
generating functions used in group branchings and I have not seen seriuse
coproducts (but I do not know the package very well)

I am not sure if you know, but there will be a (in the beginning small,
but now already big) conference on symmetric functions (math, not CAS) at
the MPI MIS in Leipzig, see www.mis.mpg.de/conferences, if you are
interested I would be lad to see you there.

For the moment being, I will try to fix my maple code and then start to
transfere it into AXIOM routines. Perhaps bundeling this into a
category/domain can be done later. However, it would be good to have the
same data structures as in Combinat, I'll look that up.

ciao
BF.

% PD Dr Bertfried Fauser
%     Institution: Max Planck Institute for Math, Leipzig
<http://www.mis.mpg.de>
%   Privat Docent: University of Konstanz, Phys Dept
<http://www.uni-konstanz.de>
%  contact|->URL : http://clifford.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~fauser/
%          Phone : Leipzig +49 341 9959 735  Konstanz +49 7531 693491