[Axiom-math] Groebernbases

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: [Axiom-math] Groebernbases
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:26:01 +0200 (CEST)

Dear All,

I have experimented with the AXIOM Groebner bases package and was somehoe
wondering how to define an ordering and how to define elimination orders.
In the code I couldn't find any hint how to impose these conditions and
groebner() takes as input only a list of polynomials, not an order
function and not a list of to be kept or elimated variables?

Any hint welcome....

There is a tremendouly fast package for computing Groebner bases,
http://www-calfor.lip6.fr/~jcf/ it is written in C and I wonder if AXIOM
could use it via a sort of interface. Where to look how to write such an
interface.

ciao
BF.

% PD Dr Bertfried Fauser
%     Institution: Max Planck Institute for Math, Leipzig
<http://www.mis.mpg.de>
%   Privat Docent: University of Konstanz, Phys Dept
<http://www.uni-konstanz.de>
%  contact|->URL : http://clifford.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~fauser/
%          Phone : Leipzig +49 341 9959 735  Konstanz +49 7531 693491