RE: [Axiom-math] Programming with categories

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] Programming with categories
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:54:36 -0400

Gaby,

On April 25, 2006 5:39 PM you wrote:

>   While I was "spring cleaning" my computers, I found this
>
>     http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~david/categories/book/book.pdf
>
> which I believe might be of reading interest to the Axiom
> community.

Thank you very much for the reference! This book called:

  Computational Category Theory

was published by Prentice Hall in 1988.

Yes indeed I do find this of very great interest and relavance
to Axiom. This is *exactly* the kind of computational category
theory that I would like to do with Axiom. This book provides
a complete blueprint for doing exactly this although the
programming language used by the authors David Rydeheard,
University of Manchester

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~david
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/fmethods/people/der/der.html

and R.M. Burstall, University of Edinburgh, is in fact ML.

The ML programs are available here:

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~david/categories

Regards,
Bill Page.