[Axiom-math] Re: [Axiom-developer] special functions

From: Yigal Weinstein
Subject: [Axiom-math] Re: [Axiom-developer] special functions
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:14:53 -0800

To Bill and Greg etc.,

Thank you.  Its amazing after asking 6 days ago if there was a numerical way to calculate the incomplete gamma function and Greg saying "no" the code - as far as I am aware - is ready pretty much ready.  So while my continued fraction never caught on the work you two did was very comforting.  I am trying to use only GPL and LGPL software for a M.S. in theoretical physics - I'm a slow learner but plan to also do this for a PhD - and well people are working on Axiom.  It makes me feel good that if there isn't something available in Axiom - e.g. an incomplete gamma - the community is more than willing to develop one (asap).

Best and again thank you,

Yigal W.