RE: [Axiom-math] TexMacs Windows Axiom<->Maxima incompatible (DLL?)

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] TexMacs Windows Axiom<->Maxima incompatible (DLL?)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:25:38 -0500

On January 25, 2006 1:13 PM David MENTRE wrote:

> "Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:
> > ?? The TeXmacs axiom plugin (tm_axiom etc.) was originally
> > written by Andrey G. Grozin.
>
> Sure. I just modified it at one point to make it work with
> Axiom (and I particularly remember modifying it, relatively to
> the axiom/AXIOMsys difference).

Yes. I recall that. The issue was the running 'axiom' starts
sman which starts AXIOMsys (which generates one 1) -> prompt)
and then asks Axiom to start a new frame (which generates another
1) -> prompt). The original Axiom plugin of TeXmacs expected
this behaviour. When we changed to just calling AXIOMsys (which
is all that is available on Windows), then the tm_axiom interface
program had to change.

> I Don't know which plugin code have been integrated in TeXmacs
> and/or Axiom though. :-)

I think your modified version is used with the Linux version of
TeXmacs, which the new "threaded" version of tm_axiom is used
on Windows.

> I did not want to steal Andrey's credits or yours.
>
> Best wishes and sorry for the misunderstanding,

No problem! :) Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,
Bill Page.