Re: [Axiom-math] if-then-else: what is wrong?

From: Francois Maltey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-math] if-then-else: what is wrong?
Date: 19 Jan 2006 21:23:24 +0100

Hello Fabio and Bill !

the do command can help :

do
  if i > 0
  then output("positive")
  else output("nonpositive")

But there is a new problem : do is the only (?) axiom command
which has et void result.

You can use a test inside a function : the result of the test is 1 or -1.
  if i > 0
  then 1
  else -1

But if you use the do command you can't get the result of the test.
So you can't use :
do
  if i > 0
  then 1
  else -1

Is it possible to have a sharper interpreter in a futur version.
I really like language that have a really short grammar.

Bill do I write a lot of error ?

Have a good day !

François : Today I improve my axiom-run emacs mode.