[Axiom-math] Problem in compiling a function

From: Fabio S.
Subject: [Axiom-math] Problem in compiling a function
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:20:26 +0100 (CET)

I am having a problem in compiling a function and I would like to know how
to fix it. My function takes two arguments which are supposed to be a
nonnegative integer n and a prime p. I want the number to be considered
modulo p. So, to make a very short (even if meaningless) example of the
error, define

f: (NNI,NNI) -> NNI
f(n,p) ==
 x := n :: PF p
 x*x
 2

This works, but only in interpreted mode. Is there a way to modify it in
order to have it compiled?

What about if I want the result to be in PF p?
For example, to have x*x as result (after deleting the last line, of
course), changing

f: (NNI,NNI) -> NNI

into

f: (NNI,NNI) -> PF

works, but yelds another warning when loading.

Thanks a lot for your attention

Fabio