[Axiom-math] Manuel Bronstein

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-math] Manuel Bronstein
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:25:08 -0500

As I've mentioned on these mailing lists before, the Axiom
community lost another major contributor. Like Dick Jenks,
Manuel Bronstein was one of the key developers of the original
Axiom system. He was also active with me behind the scenes,
has contributed his thesis work for documentatin purposes,
and has done large pieces of software (SUMit and  as a
supervisor for Niklaus Mannhart, PIit, plus an integrator
for Maple).

There have been several emails crossing my desk about Manuel
but this one I want to share with you mostly out of concern
for his family. Manuel leaves behind a wife and 6 children.

Tim