Re: [Axiom-math] Dynamically constructed return types

From: Marcus Better
Subject: Re: [Axiom-math] Dynamically constructed return types
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:09:10 +0100

Stephen, Martin,

thanks for your help on this. I realize that I need to formulate my question more precisely, and I am trying to explain to myself what I am really trying to do...

it is more a weakness w.r.t axioms ability express dependent
signatures. If we could write things like:

    SAE ==> SimpleAlgebraicExtension

    f: (ULS, eq: SUP) -> SAE(K, SUP K, eq)

The situation here is somewhat more difficult since eq is not known to the caller, but calculated inside the function f. So the signature could not be written this way.

Marcus