[Axiom-math] Re: [Axiom-mail] (no subject)

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-math] Re: [Axiom-mail] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:16:20 -0500

I'm unaware of any issues related to GCC 2.95.3
Axiom is mostly written in Common Lisp so if you get GCL to
compile (the first steps of the Axiom build) it is likely that
the complete system will build.

I don't have SUSE running anywhere but I believe I could build
a 2.95.3 copy of GCC.

Since you have it already set up just try to build Axiom:

cd /tmp
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/axiom co axiom
cd axiom
export AXIOM=/tmp/axiom/mnt/linux
export PATH=$AXIOM/bin:$PATH
make

when this build completes you should be able to type

axiom

and have a running system. If you do the build in an emacs shell buffer
you can email the failure to "address@hidden" and I can try to figure out
what failed.

Tim Daly