Re: [Axiom-math] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: musings on notation

From: W Naylor
Subject: Re: [Axiom-math] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: musings on notation
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:02:16 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, root wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I've been reading through your thesis and it's excellent. I've also
> downloaded the program sources which all appear to be in aldor.  I'd

yes, they all include the file axiom.as, so that they have to be run under
the axiom environment. I wrote them in aldor because I believed that was
the way axiom would be heading.
> like your permission to bring the thesis work back to life on the
> current Axiom and use the thesis to explain the work as a literate

sure, no problem.

> program. I'll have to rewrite portions of the CCL and the Aldor
> sections to bring them in line with the current level. Also, Axiom now
> contains a "pamphlet" (basically tex with a few extras) structure
> which allows code to be embedded "inline" in the document as part of
> the explanation. This is useful for making code maintainable in future
> releases.

Is this anything todo with Manuel Bronsteins aldorlib?

> I don't see any makefiles with the code. Is there an input file that
> was used to build these?

Unforunatly not, whenever I wrote a new bit of code, I just compiled it
from the command line!

cheers,

Bill