Re: [Axiom-math] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: musings on notation

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-math] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: musings on notation
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:31:38 -0400

Bill,

I've been reading through your thesis and it's excellent. I've also
downloaded the program sources which all appear to be in aldor.  I'd
like your permission to bring the thesis work back to life on the
current Axiom and use the thesis to explain the work as a literate
program. I'll have to rewrite portions of the CCL and the Aldor
sections to bring them in line with the current level. Also, Axiom now
contains a "pamphlet" (basically tex with a few extras) structure
which allows code to be embedded "inline" in the document as part of
the explanation. This is useful for making code maintainable in future
releases.

I don't see any makefiles with the code. Is there an input file that
was used to build these?

Tim Daly
address@hidden