axiom-developer

Re: Axiom musings...

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: Axiom musings...
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 00:28:45 -0500

I'm still undecided about accepting unicode on input as opposed
to latex-style input (e.g. \pi vs the unicode pi character).

The logic syntax would really benefit from using things like
\forall as a unicode character on input.

It makes the math I/O much prettier but it makes parsing
much harder. What does one do with a function
  (code-char 958)(x:INT) ==

aka (greek small letter xi)....

Some experiments are "in the thought pipeline"....

Tim