[bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 08:39:51 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #9, bug #60575 (project avrdude):

Strange.

I've meanwhile got a small Macbook, it shipped to me with 12.0.1 (Monterey).
Just tested the 6.4 release candidate yesterday, and all in all, MacOS is the
OS causing the least trouble in all respects (Linux and FreeBSD need device
permission tweaking, Windows needs a lot of driver teasing and installation).

I built the prerequisites (autoconf/automake, libraries) with macports rather
than brew, but that's not supposed to affect the permissions on a self-built
avrdude binary in any way.

For those that can observe it, please try to dtruss it and see on which device
it happens.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?60575>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/