[bug #61624] [Feature request] Serial/UART UPDI programmers

From: Dawid Buchwald
Subject: [bug #61624] [Feature request] Serial/UART UPDI programmers
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 09:06:30 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #17, bug #61624 (project avrdude):

Hey, thanks a lot for your help! I'm happy to hear that it's working now.

For the EEPROM issue - I found it and the fix is already in the version you
have (svn update/svn info should give you revision 1520 or later). I was able
to write/read back EEPROM contents, but it's extremely slow: 512 bytes take
over a minute to write, due to page size of "1" in avrdude.conf.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that you should be able to test with these attiny
chips, as long as you test flash and fuses.

Now, for the message at the end (lfuse/hfuse/efuse) - that's another
interesting thing, but it's a part of core AVRDUDE code. I will think about
approaching that in some reasonable, least invasive manner.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?61624>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/