[patch #10154] Update to serial code management for custom connection pa

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [patch #10154] Update to serial code management for custom connection parameters
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 14:55:47 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #9, patch #10154 (project avrdude):

OK, you're correct, union pinfo is not initialized.

Dragging all that into pgm is probably not such a good idea, not sure.

Nevertheless, I'd vote for some simplification in the cflags handling, as
we'll for sure never use all combinations of the cflags bits, so why move all
these details out from the serial code into the programmer implementations
(even if its only done by a DEFAULT macro)?

Should we ever need more than 8N1 and 8E2, we could simply add that.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?10154>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/