Re: Adding support for UPDI-over-UART programmers

From: Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Subject: Re: Adding support for UPDI-over-UART programmers
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 23:52:58 +0100

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:31:16 +0000
"Paul \"LeoNerd\" Evans" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Would anyone like to have a go at this, based on these two examples?
> Or failing that, give me a hand-hold at how to add new programmer
> support so I can do it?

Anyone any update on this?

I'm just looking for a small amount of handholding, to get me started
on the process. I basically have some questions mostly about how to add
some new programmer type to the codebase.

I am *totally* guessing here I'd go something like

 $ git clone SOMEWHERE
 $ cd avrdude
 $ cp some-example.c prog_updi-uart.c
 $ $EDITOR some_main.c
    # add in a link to the new programmer type somehow
 $ $EDITOR prog_updi-uart.c
    # actually implement my code here

Is that a reasonable description? Can anyone help me fill in the
details so I can give you a new programmer type, please?

Thanks,

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

address@hidden      |  https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS