Re: [avrdude-dev] Creating new parts

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Creating new parts
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 10:02:41 +0200

As Rick Mann wrote:

> In particular, I don't know how to make sure I have the right values
> for things like flash_instr, eeprom_instr, pagel, all the myriad
> timing properties, proper instruction formatting, etc.

Most of that relates to the handling of the various Atmel tools, and
best would be copied over from Atmel's device description file
(ATmega16M1.atdf).  AVRDUDE simply passes these attributes over to
the Atmel tools when talking to them.

> AVR Part                      : ATmega16M1
> Chip Erase delay              : 9000 us
> PAGEL                         : PD7
> BS2                           : PE2
> RESET disposition             : dedicated
> RETRY pulse                   : SCK
> serial program mode           : yes
> parallel program mode         : yes
> Timeout                       : 200
> StabDelay                     : 100
> CmdexeDelay                   : 25
> SyncLoops                     : 32
> ByteDelay                     : 0
> PollIndex                     : 3
> PollValue                     : 0x53

The ATDF says erase delay is 45 ms for this part, the remaining values
appear to be OK.

PAGEL and BS2 are the pin names of the respective parallel programming
signals; PD7 and PE2 are OK here as well.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/