Re: [avrdude-dev] ATmega16M1?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATmega16M1?
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 13:42:59 -0700

Oh crap, I sent from the wrong address. I'm surprised the list allowed it.

Can you tell me if having it listed in the conf file is a requirement for it to
connect at all? I tried using m16, and got this. It could be my board or
connection is bad.

$ avrdude -p m16

avrdude: stk500v2_command(): command failed
avrdude: stk500v2_program_enable(): bad AVRISPmkII connection status: Unknown
status 0x00
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.