[avrdude-dev] [bug #47780] Single byte read/dump results in zero byte fi

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #47780] Single byte read/dump results in zero byte file written [usbtiny]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 06:50:02 +0000

Update of bug #47780 (project avrdude):

written => Single byte read/dump results in zero byte file written [usbtiny]

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thanks for the analysis, Paul!

I just tested it with an AVRISPmkII, and there's no problem.
My usbtiny's firmware is obviously too old to handle TPI, so
I cannot test it using it right now.

The routines in avr.c are merely meant to be used as fallback
routines.  If there are shortcomings with them, the respective
programmer's implementation would better provide its own
routine.  I think that would be the correct solution in this
case (which is apparently what is already happening for the
AVRISPmkII), as it completely avoids the other issues you
described for different workarounds inside avr.c.

(I modified the subject to indicate this as an usbtiny problem.)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?47780>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/