[avrdude-dev] Problem when using Atmel ICE with avrdude

From: Hubiao Yang
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Problem when using Atmel ICE with avrdude
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 11:53:38 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to setup the debug connection between my Linux within the Virtual
box and Atmel STK500 through Atmel ICE. I run the command:
sudo avrdude -p t88 -c atmelice_isp -v -v -v -v -t

It outputs the following error messages. Anybody has any idea about this
=================
avrdude: Version 6.1-20140519, compiled on Mar 11 2015 at 11:38:39
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

         System wide configuration file is "/usr/local/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/home/username/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file,
skipping

         Using Port                    : usb
         Using Programmer              : atmelice_isp
avrdude: stk500v2_jtag3_open()
avrdude: jtag3_open_common(): Did not find any device matching VID 0x03eb and
PID list: 0x2141

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Hubiao